Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner Conversation Pledge

Thanksgiving Dinner Conversation Pledge

Who will join me this year in my pledge NOT to talk about
--How bad I am for eating so much
--How bad I am for eating these particular foods (Californians, take special note of this one)
--How bad I am for being so fat

Imagine what it would be like if everyone at your Thanksgiving table took this pledge. What would you talk about instead? These are a few of my own preferred topics...

--How good the food actually tastes when I'm not apologizing for loving it
--A few of the million things I'm grateful for in my life
--Who I miss -- the loved who are far away, and those who are no longer embodied
--What I like about the people I get to spend this day with
--Whose butt I intend to kick at Scrabble after the dishes are done

No comments:

Post a Comment